2018 – The Year in Review
Marnita’s Table celebrates the end of a year in which we achieved our ambitious strategic goals, nurtured and developed our growing team, and began our exciting national expansion journey.
- We had three stories appear in the Star Tribune.
- Marnita appeared on WCCO Radio and gave her first Ted Talk at TedX Mahtomedi.
- We launched our playful new podcast series From A to 10.
- We can no longer count the number of people who have have hosted IZIs on their own, and we’ve now trained more than 2,700 people in the IZI model.
- We trained the United Way of Steele County to be IZI master trainers, joining Suburban Ramsey as a center for IZI in our state.
- We delivered 3 Tea at the Table sessions to introduce new community members to IZI.
- We welcomed over 8,000 people throughout the country to IZIs.
- We wrapped up work with the United Way of Steele County and the Live, Learn, Earn Initiative of Scott County.
- We began a series of IZIs with Carver County Public Health and the Best Buy Diversity and Inclusion Team.
- We continued our relationship with the Catalyst Initiative as their ongoing convener-of-choice.
- We began a partnership with Mitchell Hamline College of Law.
- Event Co-Chairs Sam Goldstein and Perran Wentzel successfully led a team to deliver the most financially successful Start the Conversation fundraiser in our history!
- We also began to build the resources and connections necessary to deliver Rapid Response pop-up IZIs from coast to coast.
Sign up to stay informed.
Marnita's Table is a 501(c)3. Our fifteen-year old organization seeks to close gaps across difference through making Intentional Social Interaction the new pattern for society where people of color, the disenfranchised, the poor, the unheard, the fragile, the LGBTQ+ and anyone who is normally left out of community decision making are automatically included and valued at the policy-making and resource-sharing table.