- This event has passed.
Intentional Social Interaction (“IZI”) Training 101-104
October 12, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Get trained in our experience engineering model of Intentional Social Interaction (“IZI”)! Marnita’s Table is teaching IZI 101-104 on Thursday, October 12 from 10:00am-4:00pm at St. Mary’s Greek Orthodox Church. You will deepen your own leadership skills and cross-cultural competency, while learning methods to effectively engage people across difference!
- Play with and eat delicious food and beverage while thinking deeply about the practical logistics of consistently creating an authentically welcoming environment;
- Learn the 5 foundational roots and 20 touchpoints of IZI;
- Practice inclusive tools to facilitate individuals across difference;
- Receive access to exclusive Marnita’s Table tools that will help you host your own personal IZIs; and
- Explore practices to engage under represented or under resourced individuals.
St. Mary’s Greek Orthodox Church
3450 Irving Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55408
10 am – 4 pm
Please send an email to Lauren@marnitastable.org to RSVP.
IZI Training Quotes
“From the moment I walked in for our first IZI training until Circle Share-In time at our Kick-off event, I personally felt challenged and strengthened in ways I was not expecting. It’s easy to remain complacent and being a part of the IZI team affirmed for me how critical it is to be intentional with each connection that we encounter.”
“I was stretched to go deeper within myself and was honestly in awe of the transformation that took place within the room as co-workers came together to share a delicious meal and authentically connect with one another.”
About Marnita’s Table
Marnita’s Table is a mission-driven nonprofit organization that seeks to measurably increase social capital across race, class, culture, gender and other means of self-identity in order to catalyze transformational change where racial and cultural differences are not viewed as deficits or merely tolerated, but instead viewed as assets. Experts at social capital building, in the past twelve years we’ve welcomed nearly 40,000 people from around the world and the around the way to find common ground while breaking bread.
If you would like to learn more about Marnita’s Table, please visit our website at marnitastable.org.